Author Topic: Footswitch  (Read 2606 times)

Offline Conner

Footswitch
« on: July 18, 2000, 05:21:00 pm »
Hello.
Anyone know were to find a footswitch for a sunn beta 2 2x12 combo?

Thanks

Offline jerry

Footswitch
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2000, 12:44:00 am »
I can't help you locate a footswitch, but if you'd like I can send you a schematic if you're feeling adventurous and would like to attempt to build your own (it doesn't look like it'd be very hard).

Offline Joe

Footswitch
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2000, 10:55:00 am »

Jerry, is the schematic you have different than the Beta IV and V footswitches that are in the schematic section of this site?

Offline Tim

Footswitch
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2001, 05:55:00 pm »
It is possible to modify a Peavey 3 button footswitch to work with a Beta Lead using the schematics available on the sunnamplifeirs.com web site.  I don't remember exactly what model Peavey amp footswitch I used, but it had two lights for the switch on the left and 1 light a piece for the other two.  You will pretty much rip everything out of the footswitch and start from scratch   The only mod I had to do to the head itself was to change the footswitch jack to the same kind used by a CB radio microphone since it has the same 4 connectors, mount that in a washer slightly bigger than the hole in the back of the amplifier, and drill holes in the washer in the same location as the holes already there for the original footswitch and it works great.  You can keep the old footswitch jack and put it back in for originality's sake if that is important.