Author Topic: Concert Bass Flat Tone  (Read 2642 times)

Offline fatlizzard

Concert Bass Flat Tone
« on: August 20, 2006, 10:09:12 am »
How would you set the Bass, Treble and Mid controlls on a Concert Bass for Flat response?
Thanks!!

Offline JoeArthur

• Global Moderator
Re: Concert Bass Flat Tone
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 04:39:33 pm »

Why would you want to do that?

The Concert tone controls (aka 2000s) are really not set up to provide a flat response.  A flat frequency response may be great for hi-fi systems but musical instrument amps are built for a difference purpose.

Besides, knob numbers and pot tolerances are not that close.

Offline fatlizzard

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 11:19:21 pm »
I'm wanting to use it as a second slave amp, If I plug into the power amp in jack on the Concert Bass is it the same as plugging into my Concert Slave with the volume at 10? I thought if I could plug into the Concert Bass instrument input I would have more controll over my volume but I don't want to change the tone of the preamp I'm plugging into it!

Offline JoeArthur

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 10:26:33 am »

Yes, plugging into the power amp in jack is the same as a concert slave with the volume on 10.

A flat response wouldn't be your only problem running a line level signal into the low level instrument input of the preamp.  You would get too much clipping distortion and you couldn't eliminate it with the volume control.

Offline fatlizzard

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2006, 04:09:19 pm »
I solved the problem by wiring the line out jack in the Concert Slave thru the volume pot so instead of being a copy of the line level signal that is being fed into the amp it now is controlled by the volume controll,now I can plug the concert slave line out jack to the Concert Bass power amp in jack and the one volume controll on the Slave controlls both amps!Sounds loud and clean running the Slave through a 200S cab with D-140's and the Bass through a 1-40/C60 with another D-140

Offline fatlizzard

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 10:39:13 pm »
!