Author Topic: Need pre-Fender Model T Schematic Please  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Thorny

Need pre-Fender Model T Schematic Please
« on: June 23, 2000, 12:48:00 pm »
I am buying a model T.  It is a 70s model, red knobs, with the switch under the mid control.  It currently has a "hum" in it.  The schematic used to be avail online, but now the page is gone.  

I do not have it yet, but would like to have a copy of the schematic to work on it when it gets here.  Any technical information resource is appreciated (such as voltages, bias ma ranges (I have a bias probe), good sounding tubes for power and preamp.  Current production tubes would be more affordable for me at this time, but if none sound good let me know that too.  It may be that 6550s are not the answer either (someone mentioned KT88s, KT90s, and serveral other tubes).  It may be the tubes, it may need a cap job, or it may be something else (won't know until I get it).  

Thanks in advance.

Thorny

Offline Joe

« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2000, 10:24:00 am »
: I am buying a model T.  It is a 70s model, red knobs, with the switch under the mid control.  It currently has a "hum" in it.  The schematic used to be avail online, but now the page is gone.  

Well good luck to you Thorny.  Every Model T schematic I've been able to find online has been of the early 70's model "T".  Unfortunately, the one with the three position mid switch under the middle control is a mid-late 70's version... and I've never seen this schematic online.

The other part of the good luck is that I have the same version Model T... and have tried unsuccessfully I might add, to get a copy of this particular schematic from Fender.  They sent me their "new" Fender version... and they sent me the oldest they had.  Seems that middle one is rather elusive for some reason.

So to fix mine... which also had a hum problem, I replaced all the electrolytics... using the earlier version as a sanity check for the values I found in the amp.

Offline Tom Loizeaux

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2000, 07:12:00 pm »
Send me your fax number and I'll fax you a copy of the Sunn Model T Super for your head.

Tom
Chesapeake Musical Equipment
410 466-2223