Author Topic: Oregon Music Hall of Fame  (Read 2297 times)

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
Oregon Music Hall of Fame
« on: August 29, 2007, 07:31:05 pm »
Any of you guys from Oregon ever heard fo the Oregon Music Hall of Fame?

http://www.omhof.org

I just saw something that says they are having and event Oct 13 with the Kingsmen being inducted along with some other people.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
Re: Oregon Music Hall of Fame
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 09:32:01 am »
Nope, never heard of it. If they're just now inducting the Kingsmen, it must be new.

I was born and raised in Oregon, my family goes back at least five generations here, but I'll never make it. Just not famous enough.
Isaac

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 09:34:30 am »
Performance by the Kingsmen?

Cool!

I hope...
Isaac

Offline Soundmasterg

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 06:05:12 pm »
That sounds pretty cool.

If the Kingsmen are going to be there, then I would assume Conrad would be going too....I'll have to ask him. I just saw him last night and he didn't mention anything about it....of course we were too busy listening to the music out of his Blues Jammer and my brother's massively modded Silvertone Twin Twelve 1484 that I spent a lot of time on. (Its impossible to not spend a lot of time on one of those amps.....as anyone who's seen the insides of can attest to!)

If I find out more about this event and who will be attending I can post an update.

Greg

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 07:54:25 am »
I tracked down the band's website

http://www.louielouie.org/

As you would expect, there is only one original member and one guy that joined in 67 but that's no surprise.

The thing I found facinating is the lawsuit info. Consider it required reading for anyone who ever gets a recording contract or has any other intellectual property.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2007, 08:53:24 am »
Well, if Dick Peterson isn't an original member, then Norm Sundholm isn't, either! Both joined in 1967. Besides, bands change members all the time, even the Stones and the Who. I can't complain, if they keep the same vibe.
Isaac

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 09:01:56 am »
The thing I found facinating is the lawsuit info. Consider it required reading for anyone who ever gets a recording contract or has any other intellectual property.
I find this intriguing:
The circumstances of this acquisition, while legitimate, will not be discussed further.
Isaac