Author Topic: I got some problems  (Read 2123 times)

Offline ikirunohana

I got some problems
« on: September 25, 2007, 05:13:37 pm »
I just got a concert bass today and was loving it when it just shut off and now it wont come back on. There was no burning smell or anything, just shut off and wont power up. I'm about to open it up to see if anything inside could be the problem. I'm a beginner at best with this sort of thing and was hoping someone could give me some pointers/things to look for.

Offline ikirunohana

Re: I got some problems
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 09:40:23 pm »
I've taken the chassis off and nothing is noticeably wrong. I could still use some help. I understand my post is quite elementary but if anyone could give me some feedback that would be great. this is my first sunn amp and I would love if somebody could share their knowledge to help out a fledgling even if that means linking me to old posts. I don't care I just want my amp to work without spending money out th ass and anything that anyone could tell me would be great.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 09:03:26 am »
The first thing that pops into my mind is the fuse popped.
Isaac

Offline RoReitz

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 08:36:27 pm »
I have never seen a Concert series with a fuse but it should have a breaker on the back. Push it in and see what happens.

Offline ikirunohana

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2007, 10:09:14 pm »
I thought it was a fuse myself but it is apparently two resistors that got slammed. Actually it should be ready on Wednesday. I'm excited.

Offline basiklybass

• My Sunn's
    • The Old Days
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 05:40:44 pm »
Woohooo...a pair of resistors. If ya gotta have a problem...thems the kind i like.