Author Topic: Concert bass II?  (Read 3654 times)

Offline Gashaponcito

Concert bass II?
« on: March 30, 2008, 08:28:18 pm »
Hi I would like to know if someone has heard of the "concert bass II"

http://articulo.mercadolibre.com.mx/MLM-20127346-amplificador-para-bajo-sunn-concert-bass-ii-fe8--_JM
http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=86264&d=1206537943

I plan to buy it and will be pleasead if someone can tell me something about it (tone, versatility etc)

thanks!

Offline made by hand

Re: Concert bass II?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2008, 06:50:11 pm »
i have a 1973 concert bass head...the thing is loud that's for sure..it's the silver face head...sunn made that line in the early 70's..don't know what the cut off date was..your model sounds like it's past 1975....the number II might be the way of sunn saying you run that head with two cabs....there might be some other guys that can help you with the date of your amp...there's a well of info on this site...lots of sunn brothers with lots of info and knowlege about the amps and cabs....but.just by reading the post over the last few years i would say alot of the guys have amps backing up from 1975 back on down to 1966...their the hard core guys..me included..it seemed when sunn took off with their first amps , the company found their sweet spot as soon as they started to build and increase their production..their amps, to me was like from 67 to 71...the collectables...the holy grails ...THE AMPS TO OWN. without a doubt. the best tube amps ever built....and, a foot note...any of the model t's was a great amp..it fit into any playing nitch..with guitar of bass....that amp got the job done...but..the amp that your looking to buy...just buy it ...smiles...Bob from mass

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 09:39:02 pm »
No yo estaba enterado que Sunn construido fuera de país modela. Fue construido obviamente para un mercado hispánico.

Offline Gashaponcito

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 10:45:09 pm »
Do you think it has the "sunn sound" cause I'm really looking foward to it

Offline made by hand

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2008, 06:01:02 pm »
the sunn sound that your looking for is only inside your head...we all have our own idea of what our amps should sound like...a woman that i find beautiful could be unattractive to you...same with amps....it's what's in your head.....now edbass.....could you translate that for us...?????? we don't speak that up here in newengland..if fact...we can't speak all that well either...no one can understand us..smiles...

Offline Gashaponcito

« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2008, 03:19:29 am »
No yo estaba enterado que Sunn construido fuera de país modela. Fue construido obviamente para un mercado hispánico

"I wasn't aware that Sunn built outside its base country. This head was obviously built for a latin market."

Today I talked to a luthier (kinda old one) and he told me that Mexico prohibited importation of foreign electronics so Acoustic and Sunn started building some amps here... well Saturday I'm gonna try that amp for myself and I will keep you guys informed if anyone else finds more info about it tell us =D

thanks!