Author Topic: 610s Transducer Cab question  (Read 2254 times)

Offline skot

610s Transducer Cab question
« on: April 03, 2008, 01:23:30 pm »
Howdy all,

I should preface my inquiry with a warning that I'm not really all that seasoned in the avenue of gear talk, so bear with me! 

I just found a 610S Transducer Sunn Cabinet, visually appears to be in great shape, 6 ohms, it's serial # is 008819, 200 RMS. It's marked at 450 canadian, but it's situated in a pawn shop, so let's say between 350 and 400. How is that for a price? Obviously I'd test it before purchase to make sure nothings blown.

I need to know anything and everything about using one of these. I've been cautioned that there is a very serious compatibility issue when it comes to finding a suitable head for it, any feedback or opinions on this? The band I'd be using it for is a noise-rock/heavy band and ideally like to have something I can push to a certain degree. I'm not doing any maximum-decibel drone stuff, but I don't want something wimpy! How versatile is it? 

Basically, any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated, opinions, experiences, anything at all.

Thanks alot!

Offline loudthud

• Administrator
Re: 610s Transducer Cab question
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2008, 04:21:12 pm »
Those cabinets are for guitar, not for bass. There are several different versions depending on the type of speaker jacks and cosmetics on the front. Although intended for the Concert series, it might not last too long with heavily distorted guitar from a Concert Lead. Safer with a Beta Lead. Many times when you find those cabinets, one or more of the speakers is blown or replaced. They probably don't sound very good unless you can get an exact replacement speaker or replace them all with identical (to each other, not to the original) speakers.