Author Topic: Beta lead troubleshooting.  (Read 2093 times)

Offline euralnolat

Beta lead troubleshooting.
« on: September 23, 2008, 10:24:19 pm »
me and my brother were jamming out today and he was using my gear. i built a 4x12 emperor style cab and havent put the finishing touches on it so without the dimples on the top the head moves sometimes. well it moved a little too far and got disconnected or at least thats what it looked like, and its happened before with no troubles. i plugged it back in and got nothing. the beta lead powers on and the cab is fine, i tested it with a 9 volt and the ohms are at 8 where they're supposed to be. also the input and output jacks on both seem fine. fuses are good, just no sound, not even hissing or buzzing. im real handy with electronics, i rebuild and fix laptops regularly and other things. any suggestions on anything i should check, like certain voltages or ohms on any components in the head? im at a loss and really bummed out because i love this head and its the only one ive got.

Offline mckinnon audio

Re: Beta lead troubleshooting.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 06:49:33 am »
  Hi there,check the spkr. cable and the 1/4" jacks at each end.Check the amp with another cab. or a dummy load,and a scope to see if there is any signal present at the output.Also,check the 1/4" female jacks in the amp to see if they are bent,damaged,
etc.Hope this is of some help,good luck Mel.