Author Topic: shipping Sunn Cabs - need advice  (Read 1579 times)

Offline MUnder7782

shipping Sunn Cabs - need advice
« on: February 10, 2009, 06:53:18 am »
Hi list, I am going to be selling much of my collection of Sunn Cabs soon and need some help figuring out how to ship these things. Most are too large for UPS/FedEx/USPS and I have not had any experience with freight companies, etc. What are the procedures? pitfalls? What is the most cost effective and safest? There's eight single 15's, two unloaded 4x15's, several 2x12's, a 6-10; I have grills for all of them, wanted to show the baffles. I also have a number of raw Gauss, JBL and EV drivers. I am trying to attach a shot of the collection but not real familiar with the posting software on this site
Thanks,

Mark Underwood
mark@underwoodgroup.com
(919) 782-3024 days
cell (919) 270-4740 after hours

Offline Sledgeguitar

Re: shipping Sunn Cabs - need advice
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2009, 03:52:53 pm »
i shipped a 4x12 and a head from Pittsburgh to florida for about $120 counting supplies. i took corner pieces and air bags to cover the grill on the cab. then i went to wall mart and got 2 plasma tv boxes and made a box for the cab. very easy. Just use duct tape on seams and corners for re-enforcment. you usually get a box for the heads at music stores but other wise get a box slightly larger, take out the tubes and wrap them like glassware on a move. and ship it.i also used UPS ground and shipped to a business address for to make it a little cheaper. DON'T USE "THE UPS STORE" GO TO A DEPOT FOR THE THEIR TRUCKS. UPS stores will charge you more.

Offline basiklybass

• My Sunn's
    • The Old Days
Re: shipping Sunn Cabs - need advice
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2009, 06:45:19 am »
I strongly recommend a piece of plywood over the grill, taped all the way around to hold it in place. After that, just wrap the cabinet in cardboard. I have shipped and received cabinets without any protection other than the plywood on the front. As of yet, I have seen no damage to them.