Author Topic: Wanted: footswitch Sunn BETA LEAD  (Read 7620 times)

Offline left for dead

Wanted: footswitch Sunn BETA LEAD
« on: July 30, 2009, 01:16:51 am »
Just bought a Beta Lead but don't have a footswitch. Anybody has one up for sale. I've checked out how to build one myself but i got 2 left hands when it comes to that. Also looking for sunn stickers, main want is the footswitch.
rock out with your cock out

Offline sunnydae

Re: Wanted: footswitch Sunn BETA LEAD
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 10:16:54 pm »
Hey Left For Dead,

Maybe you haven't been Left For Dead after all.  I just got a Sunn Solos II with a working footswitch.  It's a two-button four-function switch.  Is that the same switch used for the Beta Lead ?  Let me know.  There's a lot of Sunn gear around my area.  Maybe I can help you.  -  SunnyDae

Offline loudthud

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2009, 08:48:58 am »
The Beta series has a unique footswitch. There is a DIY thread with info on making one or you have to wait for one to come up on ebay. What area are you in? You left your location blank on your profile.

Offline rmr84

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 02:51:33 pm »
Not to steal Leftfordead's thunder, but if he finds one and someone has another to sell, I would be interested in buying a Beta Lead footswitch.

Offline left for dead

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2009, 01:17:15 am »
The Beta series has a unique footswitch. There is a DIY thread with info on making one or you have to wait for one to come up on ebay. What area are you in? You left your location blank on your profile.

I know, i already emailed him asking if he could built me one. Because it's a timerobbing thing to built the prices was to expensive for me. Hope i can find one on ebay or elsewhere.

I adjusted the location, I'm from Holland...Europe

Offline imgettingcloser

« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2009, 07:25:52 pm »
I'm going to start building my footswitch this week. I was possibly thinking about building a few if people were interested. So far as a rough estimate, it's cost me about $80 USD in parts. I'm sure I could find cheaper online, but I've been buying all of my parts locally from a single place. Plus I'm using a different Hammond enclosure compared to the one in the DIY. I am using the 1590DD because it's wider and easier for my 13in feet to switch. Haha. Also, I picked the unpainted one so I could paint it a different color than black.

Offline loudthud

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2009, 09:24:19 am »
Are you going to use the original type connector or the CB radio thing?

Offline imgettingcloser

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2009, 04:20:27 pm »
I'm going to use the original adapter for the amp. To my surprise, they actually stock them locally here. Will keep you guys updated with the mini-project. Any votes for the color I should use on the footswitch? I'm still undecided. Today I'm going to start getting everything prepped.

Offline left for dead

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2009, 12:51:13 am »
hey imgettingcloser just send you a message

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2009, 05:51:01 am »
Will this one work?

http://sunn.ampage.org/sdp/index.php/topic,4114.0.html

If so, it's still for sale.
Sunn since June 1971!
1971 Sorado, 2000S, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Lead
1970 200S; 1974 Coliseum 880

Offline rmr84

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2009, 05:14:05 pm »
I'm going to start building my footswitch this week. I was possibly thinking about building a few if people were interested. So far as a rough estimate, it's cost me about $80 USD in parts. I'm sure I could find cheaper online, but I've been buying all of my parts locally from a single place. Plus I'm using a different Hammond enclosure compared to the one in the DIY. I am using the 1590DD because it's wider and easier for my 13in feet to switch. Haha. Also, I picked the unpainted one so I could paint it a different color than black.

Sent you a mesdage, as well! Very interested, thanks