Author Topic: Sunn Solarus footswitch  (Read 2893 times)

Offline Cold Angelo

Sunn Solarus footswitch
« on: December 19, 1999, 07:19:00 pm »
I have a Sunn Solarus dated 3/70 and am in need of the footswitch that activates the reverb and tremolo effect!Anyone know how I can get one??Also the amp hums when I turn it on and the more reverb I use the more mid rangey it sounds............any one know why this is???Any help would be appreciated.Just bouth a new Sunn Model T too................it kicks!!!

Offline Ryan Phelps

Sunn Solarus footswitch
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 1999, 12:32:00 am »
: I have a Sunn Solarus dated 3/70 and am in need of the footswitch that activates the reverb and tremolo effect!Anyone know how I can get one??Also the amp hums when I turn it on and the more reverb I use the more mid rangey it sounds............any one know why this is???Any help would be appreciated.Just bouth a new Sunn Model T too................it kicks!!!

Watch eBay, they often have Sunn footswitches. As for the hum, check if your Solarus has had the filter capacitors replaced. If it hasn't, take it to your local amp tech and get them replaced (about $75). That's the most likely cause of excessive hum. These caps are nearly 30 years old and WAY past due! It will also increase the dynamics, tone and tighten up the bottom end. Good Luck!

Offline Michael

Sunn Solarus footswitch
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 1999, 08:02:00 am »
This amp uses the same footswitch as Fender amps that have vibrato and reverb.  Any two-wire cable with a shield can be used.  On the amp end, break one wire out of the braid and hook it to the hot on an RCA jack for Vibrato.  Attach the braid and other wire to another RCA for the Reverb.  The switches are single-pull, single-throw and just short the respective wires to ground.  You should be able to find the switches fairly easy and some kind of box to mount them in.  Hope that helps.

Offline Joe

Sunn Solarus footswitch
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 1999, 10:38:00 am »
: This amp uses the same footswitch as Fender amps that have vibrato and reverb.  Any two-wire cable with a shield can be used.  On the amp end, break one wire out of the braid and hook it to the hot on an RCA jack for Vibrato.  Attach the braid and other wire to another RCA for the Reverb.  The switches are single-pull, single-throw and just short the respective wires to ground.  You should be able to find the switches fairly easy and some kind of box to mount them in.  Hope that helps.

I use a peavey two switch footswitch.  I picked up a short stereo phone plug to RCA plugs adapter cord and it works fine.