Author Topic: New. need Beta Lead vs. Concert Lead info  (Read 6274 times)

Offline rocker1970

New. need Beta Lead vs. Concert Lead info
« on: April 23, 2010, 09:57:35 am »
yep, i'm new here and i'm in search of either a Beta Lead or a Concert Lead head. i think i may know of a red knob Concert Lead head up for sale in my area, but i was hoping to get a Beta Lead...

or...is a Concert Lead the way to go?

i have a whole bunch of dirt/fuzz/muff pedals and am looking for that big loud Melvins Nirvana stoner crazy cool sound...i know adam of Tool also used a Beta Lead...and didn't COC in the beginning and mid period?

anyway...what would rock more? i'm thinking Beta Lead but what do you guys think? beta just seems to get a good rep all around...or is Concert the one? but Beta seems so awesome from what i read and hear...

Offline cromag

Re: New. need Beta Lead vs. Concert Lead info
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 08:09:56 pm »
if you like all those bands you listed and can get a concert lead cheap, do it!!!!  the beta is a great amp.  but the concert lead rules too!!!!

Offline John Matrix

• Art Things
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2010, 02:13:47 pm »
hey man, i have both, and both are certainly capable of some really heavy tones. The Beta Lead has a lot more gain on it's own, but if you already have a bunch of pedals the Concert Lead should work great. The reverb and tone shaping controls on the Beta are much more unique and can create some far out sounds, but if you can get the Concert you def should. I love em both.
http://archradish.blogspot.com

Beta Lead 212, Concert Lead into a 412L, Schecter Tempest Classic

Offline chris348

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2010, 06:31:24 pm »
i have a concert lead and a beta lead, I much prefer the concert lead distortion but i guess you should try both and see for yourself

Offline rocker1970

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2010, 10:45:34 pm »
the person selling the Concert Lead still hasn't contacted me yet!!!! bummer. oh well. i'm hoping to find a Beta Lead. really...the Beta Lead just kinda seems more versatile and for some reason "cooler", i suppose. not that being cool is the thing here, it just seems to have more character from what i read and from what i've heard, they are awesome! dangit! i want a Beta Lead!

Offline rocker1970

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2010, 10:55:24 am »
anyone? can anyone tell me the sonic differences between a Concert Lead and a Beta Lead? and why are Beta's more popular? is it because of availablity? is the Beta really that much better sounding?

more info, please...