Author Topic: ebay...sunn stuff coming outta the woodwork  (Read 3096 times)

Offline Viking Sonne

ebay...sunn stuff coming outta the woodwork
« on: April 09, 2010, 05:48:27 pm »
Wow! Anyone noticed all the sunn beta bass heads posted on ebay? After that one sold for $630 they are popping up like crazy on ebay. I gotta admit I was watching the one that sold for $630 and it made me get a tingle to sell mine. But I really like it and enjoy it. I can't say that I won't ever sell my beta lead 4x10 or my beta bass head and 2x15 (205) cabinet, but right now I love those amps.

I am a gear junkie and buy, sell and trade often locally and on ebay and craigslist and gearpage.net.
None of my gear is sacred, guitars, pedals, amps...they all end up for sale at some point. Thats usually the way I get new gear is to sell the gear I have and I always see something else I want no matter what I already have.

By the way this post is not insulting anyone who has their stuff for sale on ebay...I'm just saying I'm surprised at the sunn stuff on there lately.  :-o You guys might see my sunn stuff on there some day.  :wink:

I know this page is dedicated to one product..sunn o))), but I'm curious are there any other gear junkies on here that are always looking for the next awesome thing ? 
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." ~ John Wooden ~

Offline biltmore

• The Sound Choice
Re: ebay...sunn stuff coming outta the woodwork
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 06:02:50 pm »
Wow! Anyone noticed all the sunn beta bass heads posted on ebay? After that one sold for $630 they are popping up like crazy on ebay.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing too.

Offline Soundmasterg

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 11:25:50 pm »
This page is dedicated to Sunn, but this General Discussion section is meant for any subject, including other amps, so you're fine. I asked Tboy to set up the General Discussion area a long time ago to solve a problem with something else, and it is really meant for anything "other" than Sunn, as there is already a section for Sunn above, but its ok.

Greg

Offline Viking Sonne

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2010, 10:40:20 am »
Thanks Greg.  8-)
"Be more concerned with your character than your reputation, because your character is what you really are, while your reputation is merely what others think you are." ~ John Wooden ~

Offline snarzdar

• If it's too slow, you're too young.
    • lowered expectations
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 10:52:45 pm »
I have 2 beta bass heads. The more expensive one cost me 200.

I'm pretty sure that they are gonna start to shoot up in price. They are seriously underrated heads. All it will take is one or two bands that people dig to start using them and people will go apeshit for them (just like the model T)

Offline MarkG

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 07:43:43 am »
Not so long ago you could  hardly give away a Beta, Or for that matter a Concert.  Now the prices on all of it going up. Could be that  Sunn-O)))   drone band has something to do with it. ?