Author Topic: Coliseum PA head worth?  (Read 2392 times)

Offline Axtman

Coliseum PA head worth?
« on: April 24, 2010, 11:40:26 am »
What is a Sunn Coliseum PA head worth?  I am looking to buy one and want to know what I can reasonably expect to pay.  That way when I rob a bank I can be sure to demand enough money.   :-D

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Coliseum PA head worth?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2010, 01:45:09 pm »
Whatever someone will pay.  :wink:
If you're referring to the 60's tube Coliseum head, they are pretty scarce; there really isn't much of a track record of sales to go by. I'd say that if you could find one for sale it depends on the seller, and if they think they have a collectable "rare gem" or just an outdated "old amp".
I think I remember that someone on this forum mentioned having one, or buying one a couple of months ago, but I don't remember any transaction pricing being discussed. Try a search.
I would certainly like to have one myself!

Offline cosmic erosion

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 03:36:59 pm »
i paid 800 for mine. but it's mint. i mean, it looks like it was made yesterday. then one a month later sold for 500. that was bout a yr ago. i've only seen one since then. went for like 680 or so? that was a few months back. they are scarce. took me years to track down a nice one. good luck w yr hunt! soooo worth it!

Offline MarkG

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 07:05:55 am »
I tried to buy an average condition mid /late 1960s tube version on ebay a few months ago for $600.  I Was outbid.  As I recall,I believe it sold for mid-high $600s .   May have even been the one Cosmic saw.