Author Topic: Best way to stack Sunn bottoms?  (Read 2453 times)

Offline Tom Loizeaux

Best way to stack Sunn bottoms?
« on: November 30, 1999, 05:40:00 pm »
Is it better to stack Sunn bottoms with the drivers closest to eachother or with the sloped ports closest to eachother for maxium coupling?

Thanks,
Tom

Offline slade

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 1999, 08:14:00 pm »
: Is it better to stack Sunn bottoms with the drivers closest to eachother or with the sloped ports closest to eachother for maxium coupling?

: Thanks,
: Tom

i stack mine ports aparts, sounds fine to me. 30 feet away maybe a difference though.

Offline Conrad Sundholm

« Reply #2 on: December 18, 1999, 01:31:00 am »
: : Is it better to stack Sunn bottoms with the drivers closest to eachother or with the sloped ports closest to eachother for maxium coupling?

: : Thanks,
: : Tom

: i stack mine ports aparts, sounds fine to me. 30 feet away maybe a difference though.
Tom:
If the curved ports exit at one end of the cabinet, try positioning the cabinet with the port at the bottom right next to the floor with the second cabinet in the same position so the sides are touching.  This will couple the ports together and will load the low frequencies into the floor which should improve the low end response.  Another novel idea would be to aim one of the cabinets into a corner allowing about 4" of space between the edges of the cabinet and the two walls.  Place the second cabinet back to back with the cabinet aimed into the corner which will extend the length of the horn formed and will provide the "full range" sound radiating forward.

Conrad

Offline Tom Loizeaux

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2000, 06:24:00 pm »
I was specifically refering to stacking a pair of 1-15 bottoms. Should the speakers be near eachother or the ports?
Tom