Author Topic: more power  (Read 2417 times)

Offline greg

more power
« on: November 26, 1999, 08:02:00 pm »
I have a Sentura II...which I LOVE, but the 60-watts doesn't put out quite enough volume. Are there any other heads (similar in tone) from the pre-Hartzell era that have more wattage? I know that the 2000S had twice the power of the Sentura, but did any guitarists use this head?  I'm basically looking for the same sound that I have now...but with more power. Any suggestions? Thanks...

Offline Don T.

more power
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 1999, 11:16:00 pm »

: I have a Sentura II...which I LOVE, but the 60-watts doesn't put out quite enough volume. Are there any other heads (similar in tone) from the pre-Hartzell era that have more wattage? I know that the 2000S had twice the power of the Sentura, but did any guitarists use this head?  I'm basically looking for the same sound that I have now...but with more power. Any suggestions? Thanks...

Sure - why not run wo of them in stereo. That ought to burn the place down!
       Don T.

Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.

Offline Tom Loizeaux

more power
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 1999, 06:49:00 pm »
:
: : I have a Sentura II...which I LOVE, but the 60-watts doesn't put out quite enough volume. Are there any other heads (similar in tone) from the pre-Hartzell era that have more wattage? I know that the 2000S had twice the power of the Sentura, but did any guitarists use this head?  I'm basically looking for the same sound that I have now...but with more power. Any suggestions? Thanks...

: Sure - why not run wo of them in stereo. That ought to burn the place down!
:         Don T.

Why not try a Sunn Model T...an old one, before the Model T Super.
It's got more EQ, line out, selectable impedance output, two channels of preamp, and a conservative 150 watt output!

Tom