Author Topic: SUNN 300T  (Read 7289 times)

Offline D(o)))(((o)M

SUNN 300T
« on: June 03, 2010, 08:56:49 pm »
I know, I know... I bought this brand new in '99 it still sounds great has new ruby kt88's and "live-in" style flight case... anyway i'm asking $1200.00 for the head, footswitch and flightcase... I really don't wanna get rid of this but my 2 coliseum pa heads get more use these days than this head... reply on here to work out a deal i have it up on baltimore's craigslist and if it doesn't sell by the end of next week on ebay it goes!!! thanks!!

Offline D(o)))(((o)M

Re: SUNN 300T
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 08:58:44 pm »

Offline jdfarrell81

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 07:10:17 am »
I don't really need another 300T, but cheers to a fellow Baltimore doomster!

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 10:28:04 am »
Hey are either of you Baltimorons old enough to remember the name of the Music Store on Bel Air Rd. (Overlea area) that was at one time (I'm talking around 1970 - 1972 ) like the only Sunn Distributor in town?   My brother-in-law and I were trying to think of it the other day.

Offline jdfarrell81

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 12:05:21 pm »
I'm not quite old enough--just shy of 30--but are you thinking of the old JC's Drum Pad on Bel Air Rd?

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2010, 10:50:00 am »
Hey are either of you Baltimorons old enough to remember the name of the Music Store on Bel Air Rd. (Overlea area) that was at one time (I'm talking around 1970 - 1972 ) like the only Sunn Distributor in town?   My brother-in-law and I were trying to think of it the other day.

I'm pretty sure that there was a store called the "Music Haus" or maybe "Music House" in Glen Burnie during that era that sold Sunn also.

Offline jdfarrell81

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2010, 11:05:43 am »
Wow, is everyone on this board from Baltimore? It is "America's Greatest City"...at least according to the bus stop benches. Frankly, I'm a bit skeptical about the claim.

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2010, 11:50:50 am »
Wow, is everyone on this board from Baltimore? It is "America's Greatest City"...at least according to the bus stop benches. Frankly, I'm a bit skeptical about the claim.

Well actually I only lived in MD a couple of years, but they were the years that you mentioned. I lived on the Mighty Magothy in Severna Park and as far as I was concerned it was the greatest place on earth. The whole "water" experience, learning to sail, skiing almost daily in the warm months, my first real girlfriend-bass-band-beer.
I spent the majority of my life in SoCal, but I pined for MD and it's life experiences for a loooong time after I moved back to CA.
I still do miss it now and again; like when I read posts like yours!  :wink:

Offline jdfarrell81

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2010, 12:06:26 pm »
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my hometown, but part of the fun is poking fun at Baltimore's "quirks"--like the homicide rate.  :-)

C'mon Ed, get back to MD. We still have beer, bands, and basses. The bands and basses are still in fine form, too. The beer, however, needs some work. Natty Boh ain't what it used to be.

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2010, 01:13:40 pm »
Don't get me wrong. I LOVE my hometown, but part of the fun is poking fun at Baltimore's "quirks"--like the homicide rate.  :-)

C'mon Ed, get back to MD. We still have beer, bands, and basses. The bands and basses are still in fine form, too. The beer, however, needs some work. Natty Boh ain't what it used to be.

Natty Boh isn't still "From the Land of Pleasant Living"? Forget it then, I'm not moving.

I haven't been back since I visited friends there in '76. I'm afraid there are a few things besides the Natty Boh holding me back;
I've actually checked real estate on line in good 'ole Severna Park and it looks like the entry fee for a nice home with a dock is well into seven figures. That would mean it would have to be my primary residence, and my wife won't move until her parents are passed on.

Which is a real problem, because they are only a few years older than I am and in excellent health.
Probably a better chance of my wife and her parents moving to MD after I'm passed on.

Most importantly, I couldn't ever recapture my memories. Worse than that, it would likely ruin the ones I have. The short time I was there was my adolescence, although it was only age 13-15, it felt like I lived a decade in those years; as I mentioned the "firsts" (and a few "firsts" I won't get explicit about in print  :roll:), and the fact that time passes so much more slowly when you're young.

Sorry for the ramble down memory lane, but I do think that you "Land of Pleasant living" folks are in a pretty good place to be, even though it's sometimes hard to recognize when you've lived someplace most of your life.

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2010, 10:56:09 am »

Shouldn't those benches read, "America's Greatest City, Hon. " ??? LOL

I live in South Jersey now (since about 1980) but grew up in Rosedale-Overlea area.

Ed Bass,  you could very well be right about a Sunn Dealer in Glenn Bernie.   I'm from the opposite side of town (Northeast Balto.) just across the City line into Balto. County.  If you ever ventured up to "Charm City" to shop music/intruments you will probably remember
Yeager's Music in Highland Town ?  I took lessons there for a while.