Author Topic: Power Switch for Beta Lead or Beta Bass  (Read 4494 times)

Offline loudthud

• Administrator
Power Switch for Beta Lead or Beta Bass
« on: July 17, 2010, 06:45:56 pm »
I think I have identified the power switch for the Beta series amps. I've ordered the part so I can verify fit and function. If anyone thinks it will fit in another amp, post a reply here. The hole in a Beta amp is (inches) 0.550 wide by 1.125 high.

Carling Tech part number LTA201TRB/125N

The Mouser part number is 691-LTA201TRB/125N and their website says they have several hundred in stock.

Offline loudthud

• Administrator
Re: Power Switch for Beta Lead or Beta Bass
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2010, 12:33:02 pm »
The switch arrived today and it fits. If you install the switch upside down it will blow the fuse so pay attention which way it goes. Be sure to unplug the amp from the line power source (mains) before you open the amp or replace the switch.

On one side of the switch the terminals are numbered 1 2 3. You want terminal 3 on top. (Edit: Terminal 3 is on top when the amp is put back together. You will be working on the amp upside down so terminal 1 will be up while you are working on it.)

If you get the wires mixed up, one wire to the transformer goes on terminal 1. The wire from the fuse holder goes to terminal 2 and terminal 3 gets the Y adapter with the white wire from the line and the second transformer wire.

Do not attempt to replace the switch unless you are qualified to do so. It's dangerous and you could be seriously injured or die.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 05:13:34 pm by loudthud »