Author Topic: New to the forum...  (Read 3004 times)

Offline tomdice456

New to the forum...
« on: July 29, 2010, 03:19:51 pm »
Just wanted to say hello to other fans of Sunn equipment, I recently picked up a mid to late 70's Sunn 412L Cabinet for dirt cheap. Can't believe sometimes the things people sell before doing any research on what they have. Does anyone know how long these cabs were in production or a little history behind them?

Offline bigobassman

• "You can't have too much bass."
Re: New to the forum...
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 08:28:37 pm »
Can't help you on the cab, but I'm passing along a welcome to you for your place in the Sunn.   8-)

I also see that you're in Miami, home of my favorite pro football team for the last 38 years.
"You can't have too much bass."

Offline tomdice456

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 11:51:21 am »
Thanks for the welcome, a little off Sunn topic, how are you feeling about your Dolphins this year? Haha.

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 09:59:11 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

Check the catalog thread elsewhere on the forum (Q&A section, I think) and see what you can find there about the 412L. That will at least help you determine a ballpark range of production for it.
Sunn since June 1971!
1971 Sorado, 2000S, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Lead
1970 200S; 1974 Coliseum 880

Offline bigobassman

• "You can't have too much bass."
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2010, 08:56:40 am »
Thanks for the welcome, a little off Sunn topic, how are you feeling about your Dolphins this year? Haha.

I've not heard any predictions or possibilities for this season.  Sadly, for Dolphins fans, the Shula - Griese/Marino days of providing great teams year after year have left the building.  :-(  Yet, every season brings that ray of hope for a return of some of the glory years Dolphins.  I did get to see them play and defeat the local team, the Carolina Panthers, last November.  Every away game that I've attended through the years, I've always been amazed at how they "travel."  There seems to be nearly as many  Dolphins fans in attendance at the away games as the home team, with the Panthers game no different.  I almost thought that I was at a Dolphins home game.  8-)

PS - On the positive sports side, being in North Carolina provides Duke and Carolina fans, like me, lots of celebrating during college basketball season.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2010, 08:29:40 pm by bigobassman »
"You can't have too much bass."