Author Topic: Sunn 350L  (Read 3246 times)

Offline nick

Sunn 350L
« on: November 07, 1999, 09:04:00 pm »
Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of a Sunn Model 350L. I can't seem to find any info or litterature on it anywhere. I can't even find anyone else that's even heard of it! Looking for a schematic on it. Any info appreciated!

Offline mike

Sunn 350L
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 1999, 02:07:00 pm »
: Just wondering if anyone has ever heard of a Sunn Model 350L. I can't seem to find any info or litterature on it anywhere. I can't even find anyone else that's even heard of it! Looking for a schematic on it. Any info appreciated!
Yeah, what you have is a 1000s or 1500s (depending on whether it has reverb & tremelo) that was "renamed" by way of a sticker pasted over the original rectangular model label on the control panel. Why?  I'm not entirely sure, but it seems that Sunn, in some sort of marketing scheme, would utilize the same basic four or five amplifier models, and give them different names depending on which speaker cabinet configuration they were paired with. Does anyone out there know anything otherwise? I picked up a "350-B" head in a funky old guitar shop, and my curiosity got the best of me, so I scraped off the model name sticker to find "2000s" underneath. I don't know if removing the sticker would "devalue" the amp in the eyes of any collector, it's your call.  If you look in Ritchie Fliegler's  "Amps!" book on page 69 there is a Sunn catalog page reproduction with a 350-L, but get your magnifying glass out! As far as the same amp/different name quirk, can anyone (Conrad? Rich B.?) get to the bottom of that? Are there  any subtle differences between a Scepter, Solarus, or rev/trem model 100s in the preamp circuitry (or the change at some point from tube to transistor rectifier)? The same for 200s, Sorado, and 190B.  As Linda Richman used to say, discuss amongst yourselves!