Author Topic: Sunn Penetrator  (Read 4967 times)

Offline Gibaldo

Sunn Penetrator
« on: September 13, 2010, 11:14:52 pm »
I picked up a full stack, two Sunn 412s and a Sunn Penetrator. I've tried to look up information on this head but there's only 3-4 results on google. All I know about it is they only made about 100 of them, 2 of which were camouflage, they're basically an Enforcer but they don't have a vent on the front. It's a good amp but I'm just not too into the tone I get out of it. I'm looking to sell it if the price is right.

Anyone have any idea what one of these would be worth?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 09:28:43 am by EdBass »

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Sunn Penetrator
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2010, 09:28:19 am »
I'm no expert on the Hartzell era gear, but I think the Penetrator was the Ted Nugent signature model of the Enforcer. I also think the only difference between the Pentrator and the Enforcer was that the Penetrators were all camo.
The amps are from the end of the Hartzell era, not real long before they sold to Fender, and ran 4 12AX7's and a quad of 6L6GC's. They had a 60 watt/100 watt switch that also changed the output impedance, so I would imagine that the switch just turned a pair of output tubes on or off.

As far as what it's worth, what would you take for it? Only you know what the "right price" is, why should it be a secret or a guessing game?
I'll move this to classified, I suggest that you list it for what you want for it, add "Or Best Offer" and see what actual offers you get, or to really find out "what it's worth" list it on eBay and see what the open market will pay.
I've never seen sold transaction on one, and they are so rare that I doubt you will find much actual sale price history.

Any dollar value someone may throw out is purely a baseless guess, a waste of time for all concerned, and absolutely worthless UNLESS they are willing to actually pay you that amount for your gear, or have an identical rig that they will sell for that amount.

Offline EarthRumbles

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 11:56:29 pm »
....and the knobs allegedly go up to 12 to one up Spinal Tap.
Reissue Model T
Sunn 412L
Sunn Beta Lead 410 Combo
Sunn 610L
Pair of Sunn Model 2
Pair of Sunn AX12
Sunn SPL-2216
Sunn SPL-412

Offline biltmore

• The Sound Choice
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 04:54:36 pm »
....and the knobs allegedly go up to 12 to one up Spinal Tap.

No way!

Offline Ryanx

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 05:14:19 am »
please take detailed pictures for the museum, there are NO pictures on the internet at all!