Author Topic: Reverb and Tremolo interaction problem  (Read 2167 times)

Offline BassHog

Reverb and Tremolo interaction problem
« on: October 03, 2012, 12:16:06 pm »
So I have a 70 Septre head and I just finished restoring it to full operation condition. New upgraded caps, new power supply resistors, all electrolytics replaced, Solid state rectifier, New Power tubes etc...
Everything works great, the head sounds amazing, HUGE low end and no noise at all. The tremolo works great, and the reverb sounds great as well. The problem happens when both the Trem and Reverb are on at the same time. While the Trem is running, the amp sounds as it should, but as soon as I turn up the Reverb control I can hear a sort of tick/clack sound that matches the Tremolo exactly. This will happen even if the reverb tank is disconnected.
Being anal like I am I would like the head to function 100% correct and I don't feel that this should be like this. If you playing loud it gets quite bad, but again only when both effects are on at the same time.

On my 68 Solarus, this does not happen, but the trem board is slightly different on that amp so I don't know if I can really compare the two, although they are pretty close.

Anybody ever have this problem? Any ideas where to look for a solution for this?
I'm thinking this has to be a problem with the solid state reverb recovery circuit as the problem is there even with the tank removed.
67 Sunn Solarus
70 Sunn Sceptre
71 Sunn 350B