Author Topic: What is this bass cab  (Read 2434 times)

Offline bigobassman

• "You can't have too much bass."
What is this bass cab
« on: October 09, 2012, 08:37:25 pm »
Just ran across this on CL located fairly close to me.  Looks like a fairly sweet deal.  I know the head and the Fender bass, but I'm just not up on the cabinet.  Please take a look and tell me what you can about it.   ffrv7-3328289798@craigslist.org.  If your computer is finicky like mine is sometime and you can't load the CL from here - go to the Charlotte, North Carolina CL musical instruments.  It was just listed Tuesday night.  Might be time for a little road trip!  Thanks. 
"You can't have too much bass."

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: What is this bass cab
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2012, 09:48:05 pm »
I think it's just some butchered up version of a 215S/M/V with no grill, the wrong era logo and who knows what drivers in it.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2012, 09:23:09 am »
That's what it looks like to me, too. Still, $100 each for the bass, the amp and the cabinet makes each look like a pretty good deal, assuming that the amp can be fixed.
Isaac

Offline bigobassman

• "You can't have too much bass."
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2012, 05:19:49 pm »
Thanks guys.  I've just spoken to the owner.  Even though he's used the rig on tour, he doesn't know much about it.  The head power's up, but no volume.  The cab is exactly like he bought it.  He looked at the speaker jack plate on the rear and it has 215B, 400 watts and 4 ohms with 2 jacks.  He also said something about a metal plate was missing from the front.  Was there a 215 B with that kind of power?  Is there a picture of what a stock one should look like somewhere? I found several on Google, but I'm not sure which one this is or should be.  I'm going to look at it tomorrow, but it's the only shot I'll have at making a decision on it due to circumstances.  If it's just way, way butchered from what it's supposed to be, I'm guessing finding the correct stuff might be difficult???  Anyway, any advice is appreciated.  BTW, the Jazz bass is a 2006. 
"You can't have too much bass."

Offline pickinatit

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2012, 02:16:33 pm »
I think that cab was in the 1984  catalog that used to be in the museum

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2012, 09:40:07 pm »
Speakers don't "have power" of any kind. They handle input power, up to a certain amount. I don't know how much power the 400B could handle, but it's not unreasonable for it to have been rated at 400 watts.
Isaac