Author Topic: More Operator Manuals!  (Read 3830 times)

Offline sunn

More Operator Manuals!
« on: August 05, 2001, 08:48:00 pm »

"And Don T. brought forth more operator guides, yielding information according to their own kinds, and pages bearing information which is their purpose, each according to its kind. And God saw that it was good."
                                         - Sunn 1:12

- PA 8 Stereo and PA 12 stereo Generation II automated sound amplification systems
- Pictures of a Magna 5000 (Available on Main Page)
- A "packaged" version of the SA Schematics
- SPL-4120 Operators Guide
- SPL-4320 Operators Guide
- SPL-22 series Operators Guide

Thank You Don T. !

Offline Mike Oechler

More Operator Manuals!
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2001, 07:54:00 am »
Don,
Thank you.  It has been worth the wait! Now all I need to do is fix my son's PA-8, which won't be to bad with the prints you've posted, thanks for your help.

Thanks

Mike

Offline Randy H.

More Operator Manuals!
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2001, 04:49:00 pm »
I just picked up a vintage Sunn 200s amp and 2x15 cab that sounds an looks excellent.  My guess is that it is pre-1969 by the components, but can't be sure.  Silver face, TK88 tubes...Head does have a slight buzz at high volumes near the front left side, but only when the amp is placed directly on the cab, and also only on certain notes that resonate more than others.  My guess is the cab is so powerfull it may be causing a loose screw or something within the amp to buzz.  The buzz is non-existant if the amp is not placed on the cab.  I guess I could place some foam padding between the 2 to eliminate the buzz or have my tech open it up to clean things out and find the loose part, but I am hesitant to start futzing around with things.  Any thoughts?  Also, would you know where I could grab an operator's manual for future reference?

Offline Audiopile

More Operator Manuals!
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2001, 07:40:00 am »
Great! I can't wait to print these out. Uh,, How do you get there from here? What do I point and click at? Thanks

Offline Don T

More Operator Manuals!
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2001, 03:56:00 pm »
Hello:
 I believe most of the op guides ended up in the schematic diagrams section because most of the early op guides were more like sevice manuals.
Don T
It's the ear not the gear.

Offline Don T

More Operator Manuals!
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2001, 04:10:00 pm »
Hello:
 OK - I stand corrected. I can not find the "service manual" section where all of the .exe files went. I will e-mail our host to query him.
Don T.

Offline Don T

More Operator Manuals!
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2001, 04:40:00 pm »
Hello:
 The page actually exists he just doesn't have a link to it. Copy and paste the following site to get there.
http://www.sunnamplifiers.com/svcmans
Don T

Offline sunn

More Operator Manuals!
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2001, 07:52:00 pm »
my apologies, as you can see on the top of this page and the main page i've added the link to the service manuals section of the site...

thanks for noticing and letting me know!

Offline Audiopile

More Operator Manuals!
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2001, 08:45:00 pm »
Thanks for the link. Downloading and printing now. And many grateful thanks for the literature.