Author Topic: MODEL T REISSUE + BETA LEAD  (Read 3393 times)

Offline humancrane

MODEL T REISSUE + BETA LEAD
« on: August 14, 2013, 08:02:37 pm »
Hey there,

Just wondering if there is any way of hooking up the following

Sunn Model T Reissue
Sunn Beta lead
Ampeg 4x10hlf 4ohm cab
Marshal 4x12 8ohm cab

i was thinking along the lines of using the beta lead as an extension amp, and then running my main speaker into the marshal and the ext speaker to the ampeg or something ?

thoughts or advice would be awesome :)

p.s i dont want to blow shit up hahaha

Offline tacklebox455

• meh'
Re: MODEL T REISSUE + BETA LEAD
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 09:18:31 pm »
If your wanting to use both amp heads for the tone of the amp its self then you would want to use a ABY pedal so you can run both heads at the same time Radial Engineering has great ABY pedals btw.

If your wanting the preamp of say the beta lead to the power section of the model T reis then you can run a cable from the beta leads preamp out(send) to the model T's preamp in(return) or vis versa

Hope this helps
1975 Sunn model T
2007Crate Blue voodoo BV 120(mercury magnetics upgraded)
Randall RT 503
Jet City JCA 22H
Creepy fingers harakiri superfuzz
Creepy fingers doomidrive
Earthbound Audio supercollider
Malekko Plus Ultra 213

Offline humancrane

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 09:32:35 pm »

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 01:30:36 am »
Of course there's a way. There's always a way, though it isn't always a good way!

Here's a way: instrument into Model T, Model T speaker out into Marshall speaker. Preamp out from T into power amp in on Beta, Beta speaker out to Ampeg speaker. The downside here is that you don't have the use of the Beta preamp. Or you could reverse the inputs, going into the Beta, Beta preamp out to T power amp in, speaker connections the same. Now you have the Beta preamp, but not the Model T. OTOH, you don't need an ABY box.
Isaac

Offline loudthud

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 09:54:28 am »
The problem that can come up is that when you use the power amp input or Effects Return, you have no control over the volume of that amp. It could be too distorted or barely able to be heard. On the Beta amps you can use one of the (channel A or B) "From Accessory" inputs. Then the Master Volume on the front will control the volume of that amp.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 12:47:58 pm »
All it takes is a couple of guitar cords to find out.
Isaac

Offline tacklebox455

• meh'
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 11:54:06 pm »
the way i told him to do it was because my thoughts was he/she was wanting to blend the gain/breakup of both amps, the ways you described is also another way of doing it and i have used both ways, i myself prefer a ABY box so that i can blend my 2 amp for there diffferent tone stacks.

when you get your aby box in or if you use the effects out to return of other amp please post a video for us to see how you where using the heads together
1975 Sunn model T
2007Crate Blue voodoo BV 120(mercury magnetics upgraded)
Randall RT 503
Jet City JCA 22H
Creepy fingers harakiri superfuzz
Creepy fingers doomidrive
Earthbound Audio supercollider
Malekko Plus Ultra 213

Offline Walt-Dogg

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 03:41:54 pm »
Any pedal with two parallel outputs will work. I used to use a Boss NS-2 to use my old MIG and Beta at the same time. As for the cab connections, I think the reissue T has selectable output for 8 ohms on it. Use the T with your Marshall and the Beta with your Ampeg, or the other way around if the T can go down to 4 ohms and going into 8 ohms with the Beta will cut the power a little bit.
Gibson Les Paul Special
Electra X260
Squier Precision Bass MIJ
Science Hellhawk 100w
Ampeg VT-22/V-4
Science Mother
Mojotone Bluesbreaker 2x12
Mojotone British 4x12
Ampeg SVT 810