Author Topic: Concer Bass Info  (Read 2672 times)

Offline Mario C

Concer Bass Info
« on: February 10, 2001, 05:43:00 pm »
I bought a used Concert Bass head when I was a kid--some 25+ years ago. It performed admirably with an ampeg 215 cabinet, but I hadn't used it in over 10 years and got separated from the cab along the way. Now my wife is finally getting me to dust off the bass, so I went and got a good bass cab, but the Concert Bass sounded pretty lame--there was a noticeable, harsh buzz that other heads didn't make with the same cab. No other symptoms. I returned the cab to get a new Fender combo unit for a little more $. It's good, but not what I had hoped for by putting more value into the speakers than into an amp.

Anyway, does anyone recognize the problem? Is it fixable? And does anyone know someone anywhere in northern NJ who can do the repairs?

I rather like the prospect of selling a like-new Fender and getting a great cab if it's worth it to make the Concert Bass live again.

Thanks, all, for any info you can provide.

Offline Mario C

Concer Bass Info
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2001, 12:40:00 pm »
While I'm at it, does anyone have a good recommondation for a bass cab? It may be sacrilege, but I'm not averse to pairing the Concert Bass up with a more recent cab, new or used. The one I mentioned in the previous post was an SWR Engineering Triad with a 15, 10, and a horn. Sounded real good with a working head. Don't want to spend a fortune and am not afraid of using new technology along with vintage....