Author Topic: ENFORCER WILL SMASH  (Read 4195 times)

Offline chris krap

ENFORCER WILL SMASH
« on: January 15, 2001, 05:15:00 pm »
Hey, anyone know much about the Enforcer?  I know, maybe it's a tired subject, but I'm getting one through the mail and I really want some info.  I'd LOVE a manual, too, if anyone knows where to get one of those.  I hear the Enforcer has power similar to that of the Model T, but, having played through an older Model T, I somehow find this hard to believe, considering my balls ached after I layed down the first track with it.  So, thanks for the information, if any, and keep on rocking in the free world. - Chris

Offline chris krap

ENFORCER WILL SMASH
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2001, 11:59:00 am »
come on, Don T, help me out.  You're the Sunn savior!

Offline Don T.

ENFORCER WILL SMASH
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2001, 10:30:00 pm »
OK OK:
  I remembered the design engineers first name. Will - now if I can remember his last name I'll try and look him up. Hopefully he still lives in this area.
Don T.
Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.

Offline chris krap

ENFORCER WILL SMASH
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2001, 10:52:00 pm »
Thanks for responding.  I hope to find out all I can about the hulkish enforcer.  Anyone know where i can get a manual?

Offline Don T.

ENFORCER WILL SMASH
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2001, 07:58:00 am »
Hello Mr Krap:
 Same problem with the manual. The Enforcer/Penetrator was caught in the vacuum when fender took over. They wanted the Sunn name to lend value to the Fender name in PA (which didn,t work) and did not want the guitar amp competition. It was not produced in great enough numbers (less than 100 units - it came out in 84) to have a following or even to have a reasonable used market. Who keeps a guitar amp manual anyway (besides me)?
Don T.
Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.

Offline chris krap

ENFORCER WILL SMASH
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2001, 09:18:00 am »
Don:

You're right.  Who does keep an amp manual.  Now give me the manual!  Were there really only a small number of Enforcers produced?  That's amazing.  Oh, well, I'll just turn all the knobs up to ten and see what happens.  Thanks again.

Offline chris krap

ENFORCER WILL SMASH
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2001, 09:30:00 am »
nevermind, the person I ordered the amp from says it has the original manual with it.  Joy.

Offline Giles Marino

ENFORCER WILL SMASH
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2001, 01:47:00 pm »
I bought a new enforcer full stack in 1984 and used a tube screamer in front of it and it blew this crap out of any... i mean any... amp my pals were using back then (mostly marshalls)... it was so freaking tight and bottom endy.... i sold it due to lack of $$$ a few years latter and regret it big time... i can't find one around any where at all... mine had 6550 power tubes in it and was a fat and loud amp... i played mostly metal and believe me when i say this amp had killer tone... it totaly smokes that new sunn model T stuff that's out now...
my pals had these modified marshalls from dudes in hollywood and stuff... and they would ask me how come your stuff kicks butt over my modified Marshall ???
I miss my SUNN ENFORCER and want ot find one again some day... mine had a little grill in the front for air to flow through and cool the power tubes...

Offline chris krap

ENFORCER WILL SMASH
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2001, 03:23:00 pm »
Yes.  Definitely all BALLS.  I'm not interested in new sugar coated solid state amps.  The Enforcer has enough power to go around.  I can't get over the bottom end.  You know, I am a butt man.