Author Topic: Sunn SA21 Power Amp  (Read 2953 times)

Offline Don

Sunn SA21 Power Amp
« on: January 08, 2001, 07:56:00 am »
Okay, I am a little confused right now as to what this amp can put out on wattage. I saw that its rating was 300W at 2ohm. I tried to run this amp the other night on my subs and it just petered on me, not enough power. Can someone tell me what the wattage would be with an 8 ohm load. I am thinking the amp jsut isnt big enough to push the YAmaha 1 18's. A little more info. I am bridging the amp if that helps, if anyone has any ideas I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Don
dons@bwgroc.com

Offline Don T.

Sunn SA21 Power Amp
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2001, 05:48:00 pm »
Hello:
 Yes in deed, The SA300 amp puts out 300w into 2ohms 200w into 4ohms 125w into 8ohms. Bridged into 8 ohms will net you 400w. bridged into 4ohms will net 600w. The amp should do ok unless you are trying to compete with 1200w amps. Remember when running bridged this amp will pull 10 amps out of the wall. If your line voltage is sagging because of small and/or long extension cords the amp will not perform as designed. The current limiting circuit may be kicking in if it detects a short. Have it checked out if you think it is under powered.
Don T.
Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.