Author Topic: SUNN SPL9000???  (Read 2131 times)

Offline Mike who hates you

• http://www.geocities.com/three_guys_that_hate_you
SUNN SPL9000???
« on: June 08, 2005, 09:54:30 pm »
I found a Sunn SPL (or SLP) 9000 power amp for sale, but can find little info about this amp. Any one know anything about these??

Ohms?, power RMS output?, bridged or mono?, ect...
Is it tube or solid state? Any good or bad qualities tone wise?

I looked on the main page here, but did not see it listed anywhere, and I don't know where else to look. I'm hoping one of you can help me with some info on this thing. I've been looking for a good loud ass power amp, and if this thing is good I'd like to try getting it. Any info would be highly appreciated. If it helps I would probably use it to run either two 1x18" cabs, or two 2x15 cabs. Oh, and I'd be playing guitar.

MIKE not logged in

SUNN SPL9000???
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2005, 08:33:22 pm »
Anyone?? Any info would be appreciated!! Thanks!

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
SUNN SPL9000???
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2005, 07:01:24 am »
You're going to be playing guitar through two 18s?
Isaac

Mike not logged in

SUNN SPL9000???
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2005, 07:34:23 am »
Quote from: Isaac
You're going to be playing guitar through two 18s?

Possibly. I need to hear what it sounds like...I know. But I tune down, and my band is just drums, my guitar, and vocals. I'm thinking of trying to run through some 18s and a bass pre(or something similar) to add some extra beef to my live rig.

I know it sounds weird, and it may sound like shit when I try it, but I like to try different things sometimes to see what will happen, or what it will sound like.

Any info on this power amp, regardless of what I intend to use it for :wink:  would be nice!!

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
SUNN SPL9000???
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2005, 11:08:58 am »
Any info on this power amp, regardless of what I intend to use it for  would be nice!!

Sorry, can't help you with that. What expertise I have with Sunn ends in the mid seventies.
Isaac