Author Topic: Concert Bass and ohms  (Read 2504 times)

Offline sunnfever

Concert Bass and ohms
« on: February 16, 2006, 01:02:43 am »
I have a concert bass, made in approx. 1972 and I was wondering if it will overheat and shut down if it's run through an 8 ohm 2x15 cabinet.I read this in other reviews and wondered if it's true. It does not have a warning printed on the back panel like I have heard other models do. Curious and don't want to cause damage to my concert bass. Thanks

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
Concert Bass and ohms
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2006, 10:07:03 pm »
Why would you think that?

The concert Bass is rated to 4 ohms, and handled that with ease. Unless there is something wrong with your particular unit, 8 ohms would be no trouble at all. Neither would 4 ohms.
Isaac

Offline sunnfever

Concert Bass and ohms
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2006, 01:00:28 am »
I read some reviews on harmony central and I believe I misunderstood what a few reviews stated. Perhaps they meant a 2 ohm cab. I swear they said an 8 ohm cab. I know your right but take a look at concert bass reviews on harmony central and asure me that i'm not crazy if you have a chance. Ah, forget it. Just more people lacking knowledge like me.(he he!)  :oops:

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
Concert Bass and ohms
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2006, 02:02:28 pm »
I saw one review that said his overheated and shut down, but he didn't say what kind of cabinet he was using.

I must conclude that you are, in fact, crazy.  :D
Isaac

Offline sunnfever

Concert Bass and ohms
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2006, 05:47:39 pm »
I must be. Does a man really need this many amplifiers? I do appreciate your efforts in confirming my mental status.  :lol:

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
Concert Bass and ohms
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2006, 09:20:08 pm »
Glad to help!
Isaac