Author Topic: Original Model T showdown--with Mid-Range or without?  (Read 1890 times)

Offline rebelsound

Original Model T showdown--with Mid-Range or without?
« on: February 22, 2006, 07:20:02 pm »
I seem to recall a couple years back reading something to the effect that the second edition Model T with the mid-range knob was not only different-sounding but generally inferior sounding to the earlier version (don't know if I am remembering this accurately or not, though).  I've got an earlier one and love it to death and am considering a search for another one but I'd like to hear some opinions on whether or not the version with the mid-range will disappoint me compared to the one I own.

Also, can someone give me some ballpark figures on what Model Ts have been going for on ebay recently?  I haven't logged on there in about a year so I'm wondering about current supply and demand.  

Thanks!

-Ryan

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
Original Model T showdown--with Mid-Range or without?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2006, 11:03:30 pm »
I have a second generation T. The consensus seems to be that it sounds great, if you like how it sounds. I've always liked it for guitar, but not for bass. So I modified it to make it sound more like the original, and I like it a lot more. I'm using it as my main bass amp now.
Isaac