Author Topic: Question regarding Sunn 190B  (Read 1997 times)

Offline thefelonwind

Question regarding Sunn 190B
« on: March 29, 2006, 07:48:07 am »
First off, the info on the particular 190B I am looking it is found on the eBay page in which I am looking to buy it from. Here is the eBay listing link.

Okay, on to my question. I know this is marketed as a bass amp. However, I am wondering how it would fair with a guitar. From a good amount of reviews I have read on other Sunn bass heads, there are always those who play guitar through the amps, and speak very highly of the performance. On that comes to mind specifically is the 200S. I have searched this site for info on the 190B and a lot of the results show that it was basically a re-branded 200S with solid state rectification, am I correct here? Ive played through a 200S with a guitar, and I liked the result, so should the 190B peform similarly? As well, has anyone who frequents this board actually tried a guitar through a 190B and can give me some feedback?

I haven't found many user reviews of this amp, so I am coming here.

Thanks in advance for the help!

Offline max headrrom

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 09:48:12 am »
if you like the 200s this will have a little less sag or envelope but otherwise the same thing. get a set of kt-88's from eurotubes and play

Offline thefelonwind

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 01:46:37 pm »
The price just went out of my range, so now I have my eyes on a few of the Sorado's that are going. These are essentially the same I assume, at least most posts seem to call the Sorado all but exactly like the 200S which is basically the 190B.