Author Topic: Beta help me  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Tom

Beta help me
« on: August 01, 2000, 10:20:00 pm »
OK Sunn gurus - I bought a Beta 2x12 and the seller says one of the speakers is inoperative.  Who made the speakers with the big square magnets that were used in the Beta?  Obviously, I will check out the speaker connections/wiring, and bug carcasses which may be jammed in the works, but I am generally not lucky enough to get the easy fix.  May also need a footswitch if anyone has one for sale.  Thanks for the help guys!

Offline Don T.

Beta help me
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2000, 09:15:00 am »
Hello Tom;
  The Beta 212 used an 81-0118 speaker manufactured by Sunn. It had a 2" voice coil and 54 ounce magnet. The voice coil should be visible through the mesh dust cap. These were common parts available through Waldom so reconing should not be a problem. I have much speaker info from those years and might be able to give you part #'s to help in your search. If you go to the old forum site there are some recent postings of good reconers.   Don T.
Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.

Offline Tom

Beta help me
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2000, 06:15:00 pm »
Thanks for the info, Don.  I don't know of any reconer/rebuilders in NW Iowa, so looks like I'll be supporting UPS again.  Paid almost as much for freight as I did for the amp - ha!  Appreciate the help.
Tom