Author Topic: concert lead seeks companion for long walks on beach  (Read 2256 times)

Offline Semaj

concert lead seeks companion for long walks on beach
« on: May 27, 2005, 06:10:11 pm »
first off, what a useful forum. i've learned a ton cruising around on here, so thanks to all.
to business:  i recently purchased a concert lead (earlier grey/black model) and am now in the market for a suitable cab. a vintage sunn cab is virtually out of the question, so i'm basically looking for a well matched and economical cab that will see a fair amount of road wear.
any suggestions/warnings/success stories?

i may just go the marshall 1960A 4x12 with the G12T-75 speakers route(ye olde standby), but i'd be curious to hear about some other match-ups. didn't the c/l head originally come with a 6x10?

thanks all,
j

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
concert lead seeks companion for long walks on beach
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2005, 08:00:07 am »
Sunn was starting its mix and match mode about that time. The 610S was one cabinet available for use with the Concert Lead, but one could also choose the 312S, 612S, 410S, 412S, or even the 115S or 215S if you wanted a bassier sound.
Isaac

Offline longfellowbass

• My Sunn 312S Cab 3 12 inch speakers@180watts RMS
Re: concert lead seeks companion for long walks on beach
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 09:05:53 pm »
Hello, Here is a pic with the 312S bottom with a Concert Lead head that I found on the Internet. As you see, it was sold with my 312S cab in mind. I own this same 1972 cab and use it for great bass sounds( yes, a great bass cab too) with my new BehringerBX4500H Ultra Bass head. Yes, it has the original  3 "Sunn 12 inch transducers" Of, course, I never turn it up full volume...I don't need too. I'm going to post a second message with the pic of my cab for viewing.       Musically,  ......Rory in Indiana     Peace.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2006, 09:23:33 pm by longfellowbass »
" If you remember the 60's....you weren't really there!"  ....quote by Dennis Hopper