Author Topic: 2000s cabinet  (Read 1947 times)

Offline bassman1

2000s cabinet
« on: July 02, 2006, 09:47:43 pm »
Hi there Can anyone with a 2000s cabinet do me a favour and measure the width, height, and depth of the slotted vent in the front of the cabinet ?

I have a couple of D140F's and am building a 2000s clone. (I believe the 2000s cabinet sounds better than the 200s - is this right ?)

Also, I if you look at the right-hand diagram at
http://www.sunn.ampage.org/schematics/foldinghornr.gif

then the first part if the vent (ie at right angles to the front of the cabinet) , and also the diagonal part, stretch right between the sides of the cabinet. Is this right ?

And lastly, is there any damping material (eg fiberglass) in the 2000s cabinet ?

Thanks v much !

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: 2000s cabinet
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2006, 04:41:03 pm »
Hi there Can anyone with a 2000s cabinet do me a favour and measure the width, height, and depth of the slotted vent in the front of the cabinet ?

The port is 4.5" high, and runs the width of the baffle board, 28.5".

(I believe the 2000s cabinet sounds better than the 200s - is this right ?)

The 2000S cabinet is maybe louder, definitely deeper sounding, and most decidedly heavier. Really heavy and very unwieldy, makes the 200S cabinet seem easy to gig with by comparison.

then the first part if the vent (ie at right angles to the front of the cabinet) , and also the diagonal part, stretch right between the sides of the cabinet. Is this right ?

Yes, the port ducting runs the entire width of the cabinet. The first part is 4" and the diagonal part is 10". The width of the flared opening between the angled boards is 18". Also, there is a 5" wide center brace that splits the flared end from the back if the cabinet not shown in the illustration you referenced.

And lastly, is there any damping material (eg fiberglass) in the 2000s cabinet ?

Yes, every interior surface of the enclosure except the baffle board and the port venting.

Offline bassman1

Re: 2000s cabinet
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2006, 09:47:09 am »
Thanks Ed for the info - one last measurement which I would appreciate is the distance between the edge of the 45 deg internal panel and the inside edge of the removable back panel.

I think this will have to come from anyone who happens to have a 2000s cabinet open, as taking the back off is non-trivial - please free to PM me the info if you prefer - can anyone help ?

Thanks !