Author Topic: help with my concert lead please  (Read 2424 times)

Offline blackeys

help with my concert lead please
« on: September 10, 2006, 12:56:03 pm »
Hello, i'm new so i'd like to introduce myself my name is doug i'm 18 and play guitar, ect.

so last week i found a 77'/78 sunn concert lead at a thrift store w/ a 1x15 cab for $100.00. i played it and jumped on the deal

well i was playing lastnight and it wasn't as loud as usual and i turned it up and still nothing, so i looked around back and smoke started comming out, i turned it right off and took it apart and a resistor was all burnt

ever happen to anyone else?

thanks

Offline alcan60283

Re: help with my concert lead please
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 02:50:55 pm »
Oh yeah, had that happen a bunch of times. It seems to be a very common problem amongst the concert series amps. I've had both of my amps do it. Once it was fixed, they've been rock solid ever since. Honestly, just bring it to a competent repair shop, and it'll be good for another 30+ years of service.

Offline Mike B.

Re: help with my concert lead please
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2006, 07:57:16 am »
Oh yeah, had that happen a bunch of times. It seems to be a very common problem amongst the concert series amps. I've had both of my amps do it. Once it was fixed, they've been rock solid ever since. Honestly, just bring it to a competent repair shop, and it'll be good for another 30+ years of service.

I agree!

And welcome to the forum!

Mike