Author Topic: T50C noise.  (Read 2078 times)

T50C noise.
« on: April 27, 2004, 07:15:50 pm »
I have a Fender T50C with the extension speaker and whenever I get too close to my amp or am attempting to get feedback, a rattling noise emerges from my amp. Unfortunately, the rattling also ended up on a recording I just recently did. I don't know why this is. Everything looks okay to me in the amp but I am not a techie. It doesn't sound like the speaker. The rattling sounds more metaly. Could this be because of a microphonic tube? I don't understand how I can hear the rattling when I'm cranked to 6 or 7 with the gain channel. If anyone has any ideas I would appreciate it. My friend and bandmate has a Fender Model T and he never has this problem. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank You.

Anonymous

t50c noise
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 08:29:26 pm »
your friend has a model T head...it has a seperate speaker cabinet. your problem stems from the fact that you have a combo amp with an integral speaker.

when you get close to your t50c combo amp in high gain to get feedback the rattling noise is made because the electronics and the speaker are all in the same cabinet...when you get feedback the cabinet resonates with the speaker and is shaking something inside. just have someone do it while you are behind the amp and maybe you can isolate the area where the sound is coming from....it could still be a microphonic tube, but it's more likely to be mechanical noise.

good luck

Offline lajollasunn

Re: T50C noise.
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 09:40:04 pm »
I had a Fender Studio 85 112 combo that had the same symptoms.  I covered the reverb tank in 1 inch thick neoprene foam and that cut neatly all of the rattle out.

Offline Johann

Re: T50C noise.
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2007, 12:39:01 pm »
the Model T doesn't have reverb, the T50 does

it's simply the springs inside the reverb unit bouncing against the casing of it when the cabinet is shaking from the feedback

I used to have this problem when I had a JCM2000 combo, try doing what lajollasunn did, that's really all you can do to fix it save from removing the reverb unit