Author Topic: question about effects loop: Sunn Model T reissue  (Read 2663 times)

Offline happy dude

question about effects loop: Sunn Model T reissue
« on: May 05, 2007, 02:32:21 pm »
Hello, I am a new user.  I am just calling this amp a "reissue" because I think everyone will know what amp I am referring to based on the harmony central reviews and am aware it is not the true name of the amp.

here is my question:

Hey, I am not about to buy this amp but was wondering:

about the effects loop. It looks like it is assignable. Do you think you could turn the effects loop off for channel 2 (dirty) and turn the effects loop on (clean, wet) for the clean channel? If so that would be pretty cool, since you could plug in an eq, flanger, reverb, etc. but only for the clean channel. for the dirty you could keep it free of obstructions in the signal path. Do you think you could turn the knobs to "0" and then you would not hear the effects for dirty, but only for when you clicked the clean channel? Here is the Sunn model T reissue schematic:

here is the manual:

http://www.sunnamps.com/pdfs/manuals/guitar/Sunn_Model_T.pdf

the manual says you can use the footswitch to change from the dirty channel to the clean channel.  So could you have one wet channel (with effects) and one dry channel (no effects) and avoid the pedal dance?

Do you think this is possible? Thanks!

Offline happy dude

Re: question about effects loop: Sunn Model T reissue
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2007, 03:38:26 pm »
here is the amp I am referring to:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sunn-Model-T-reissue-all-tube-amplifier-100-watt-loud_W0QQitemZ300107000374QQihZ020QQcategoryZ10171QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

it is the amp:

The All-Tube Model T features a 2 channel switchable
preamp with individual tone controls and an “Arena /
Club” switch allowing the selection between 100 watt
or 25 watt power output.

not sure how else to describe it without diving into semantics reissue v new different amp v updated v _____.  I just want to make sure the reader knows what amp I am referring to hehe

Offline rick.heil

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 01:57:04 pm »
*COULD BE WRONG, DON'T OWN A MODEL T*

From the looks of it, you could turn the effects up on one channel and have them off on the other channel... but it also looks like you would be stuck with the channels you set it at unless you wanted to twiddle with the knobs around the back of your amp.

Offline happy dude

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2007, 04:11:49 pm »
cool bro, thanks, I was thinkin' along those lines