Author Topic: red knobbed model T and vintage orange OD120 halfstacks for sale  (Read 5225 times)

Offline chokeyou

I'm moving and being forced to sell my amps for funds. It sucks for me, but it might be the chance you guys have been waiting for to pick some stuff like this up.

First off, My Orange OD120 halvsey.
I havent dated it, but its pix and text, pretty good condition. The tolex is slightly aged, but in pretty good shape considering it's age. It's not perfect, by any means. There's a mar or two in the faceplate, expected for an amp that got some serious use over the years. This amp recently received a checkup from my local tech, and he said all was well. While at the shop, I picked up an extra quad of power tubes, JJ electronic E34L's for the day my groove tubes start acting up. I don't mind the current tubes much, they act fine, but maybe you'll want to swap them right when you get it, the tubes go with the amp. The cab is vintage as well, particle board back (not the most sought after plywood back) the speakers are G12H's IIRC (making this a 120 watt cab...you guys that ride 10 be careful, I'd recommend an additional cab) aesthetically it's got its own set of little tiny tolex blemishe nothing major. I'm the 3rd owner of this cab, and I believe the first owner decided it'd be a good idea to remove the original black metal corners and swap on the more standard chrome finish marhshall/whatever metal corners. whatever, no big deal...if it bugs you, matamp can sell you some more, or you can get them from electric amps here in the US...for like 20 bucks I think. There's a stain on the grillcloth (its not jizz, although this half stack is definitely jizz worthy...I assume its a rogue beer or something from the past). I bet it can be cleaned, but it didnt bug me enough to try.

This half stack goes for $2500 for the amp, cab and tubes. This really is a deal guys...and an amazing amp.

And on to my sunn/fender half stack:
70s red knob model T. I paid $1500 locally for this amp a few months ago. It's a little noisey...but that's to be expected when you play at the volumes I do with it. I did the master volume mod (clipped the striped white/blue wire) and opened up the max volume/headroom a little bit. It has telefunken preamp tubes, and I believe I swapped in a JJ 12AT7 for V1. The power amp tube labels are rubbed off, I havent looked in to what they are exactly yet. It's a really strong amp. The amp is pretty clean, complete as far as i can remember. rock solid. some small mars in tolex i believe. The cab was made by fender (probably at the exact same time as the RI model T 4x12s were being made...as it looks VERY similar construction wise.) It's got the wide front edges, removable casters, celestian G12T75 speakers. This cab thumps, has great low end and if you care for G12T's, you know they can sound huge, imagine them in an oversized cab instead of some puny marshall and thats pretty much the tone you'll be getting.

Now, I know that right now there's a lull in model T pricing on ebay at the moment, it's not my fault those people dont know what those amps are really worth. I'm still asking $1500 for the amp, and lets be honest guys...we've seen these go for more. I'm asking a hopeful $500 for the cab, because if you guys slap a sunn badge on there nobody'd really know the difference. $2000 obo takes it.

I've also got a recently serviced (rollers and heads cleaned, tape changed) roland space echo RE-201 in great condition, $600obo + shipping

My amps currently are 25 miles away in my practice space, I hopefully will be able to rescue them this coming weekend for detail pics if you guys want them.

I really want to keep the half stacks together to lighten my load and keep my children together as much as possible, I've got lots of planning and packing to do. If you can coordinate with somebody interested in the piece you arent and we can all agree on a price and you both want to put up for shipping, I'm game. I live in the seattle area, if you're local, come check em out. Everything will be professionally packed at your expense. (tubes wrapped individually and stored in head cavity, box around the head with peanuts inside, and boxed again with Styrofoam if I can track some down for this purpose...this is all at the buyer's expense, but you know it'll show up in the condition its leaving my hands...insured of course. continental 48 only please, I can accept paypal, but would prefer money order for something this expensive, especially since I can't afford to take a hit that huge financially right now. I'm an honest guy in a bind, buy my stuff!

If you're interested, email me at tylerromo.atsign.gmail.com for more info, offers, more pics, etc. I look forward to hearing from everybody!

oh, some pics i forgot i had, slightly better quality, not good detail though:

Offline chokeyou

Re: red knobbed model T and vintage orange OD120 halfstacks for sale
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 05:02:10 pm »
no love?

Offline fuzzfarmer

• Dirtmother
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 05:31:39 pm »
love yes. money no. :-(

Offline JoeArthur

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2007, 07:08:24 pm »

This is a joke right?

Vintage equipment is always a buyer's market.

But for what it's worth, wish you the best of luck.

Offline noel

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2007, 11:27:28 am »
I'm interested in your space echo.  Drop me a line if its still available (scho0768@umn.edu)