Author Topic: Beta Lead mid-range feedback  (Read 2049 times)

Offline xsolarusx

• Black Faxes
Beta Lead mid-range feedback
« on: March 09, 2008, 01:00:59 pm »
So, I finally got a Beta Lead(after a somewhat painful experience, courtesy of ebay), and though advertised as in perfect playing condition, of course the pots are scratchy, but most surprisingly was that the mid-range dial on the A channel causes some serious microphonic feedback.  I'm pretty sure this isn't something intentional in the design, but I know the EQing on the Beta Lead is very particular, and I wanted to make sure(before I tear the seller's head off) that I wasn't doing something incorrect on my end.

To clarify, I have to have the mid rolled all the way back, otherwise it sort of pops, and then squeals.  It sounds amazing otherwise, I'm just not really looking for that 'microphone pointed at a stage monitor' sound.
(2) 73 1st Gen Model T
Late 70's Marshall JCM 800 1960B cab

Offline ryanowens

• something something
Re: Beta Lead mid-range feedback
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 10:09:47 am »
I had a similar problem with the pots being nasty and some feedback when I first got my Beta Lead home, I gave it a quick pot cleaner spray and it has been just fine since then.  It's slightly annoying getting into the pots on the Beta Lead but, nothing you can't knock out in an evening.

Offline xsolarusx

• Black Faxes
Re: Beta Lead mid-range feedback
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2008, 10:37:46 am »
So, this took care of the feedback issue, also?

I'll give it a shot when I get to my jamspace later.  Thanks a lot!
(2) 73 1st Gen Model T
Late 70's Marshall JCM 800 1960B cab