Author Topic: Found a "PAISLEY" 1965 SMILEY 2x15 CAB!!!  (Read 1751 times)

Offline mc2

Found a "PAISLEY" 1965 SMILEY 2x15 CAB!!!
« on: April 07, 2008, 12:13:57 pm »
FINALLY!!  I've been searching for a Smiley "paisley" tolex Sunn cab to go with my paisley heads FOREVER (10+ years)

I've never actually even seen a pic of one besides in the early Sunn brochure. Heve never saw one live either.

So, I freaked when I found a 2x15 cab SUPER CLEAN (no tears) and it even has the original handle on it unbroken (gasp!)

Pics to come soon.

Naturally, my girlfriend in not as thrilled to see it sitting in the living roon as I am :)  She said she's moving out if any more amps or guitars show up....I told her that would make room for a few more (then she got quiet.)

I found a second early 2x15 the same exact day by bizarre coincidence but it turned out to be a transition one with normal tolex and a Smiley logo (missing but the outline was there.) 

Offline made by hand

Re: Found a "PAISLEY" 1965 SMILEY 2x15 CAB!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 04:24:09 pm »
mc2..can you hear the cheering that's going on for you right now.??? buy as many as you can get...your girlfriend, well...their nothing but trouble after the first 10 minutes...smiles  Bob

Offline mc2

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2008, 01:52:40 am »
Geez....that second cab I found, that I mentioned above, turned out to be the same one JOHNNY GUITAR posted about here.

http://sunn.ampage.org/sdp/index.php/topic,3918.0.html

I wish I'd seen his post first before the seller went psycho on me too.

Look out for this guy!

Offline made by hand

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2008, 08:13:20 pm »
we don't have enough dopes on this planet as it is..what we don't need is a sociopath on ebay screwing with our sunn brothers..ok..everyone turn their 200s 's and 2000s's torward this guy and thump the  E string...BA BOOM !