Author Topic: Spectrum II on ebay  (Read 4841 times)

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: Spectrum II on ebay
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2008, 07:27:29 pm »
I don't think I've seen one break $650 on eBay.

Offline Soundmasterg

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2008, 01:54:51 pm »
Well I wasn't too far off then I guess. With the bigger amps like the 2000S bringing big bucks, the smaller ones are sure to follow, so give it time and I bet they'll be bringing over $700....

greg

Offline made by hand

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2008, 05:48:49 pm »
hey guys..that cab from that pycho is back on ebay again...ya know...his favorite movie was probably deliverence....i can hear those banjo's now...

Offline Spectrum II

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2008, 01:00:49 pm »
I had someone offer me $1000 for mine. I think I'm crazy, but I couldn't do it even though, at the time, I was poor as shit. I love the way it sounds & it's one of probably only a handful. I finally paired it up with a d140f & it sounds fantastic at lower to mid-range volumes (1-3), but the E string notes start to get a little dirty at my usual level or 4. I had this problem with the EVM 15L I had in the b15n cab as well. Kinda thinking it's the JJ 88's which in my experience are not all the rage. Loved the sound of the head with Electroharmonix 88's I had in it prior to the JJs.

Offline Soundmasterg

« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2008, 01:43:54 pm »
Tubes are made in batches, and while the JJ KT88's I've used in the past have been great, perhaps the batch that yours came from aren't as good? Hard to say as everyone hears differently too. I've used OS GE 6550A's, JJ KT88's, EH KT88's, Winged C 6550C's and they all sound good and are reliable, though the GE's cost a lot more. You can adjust the bias so it is biased a little colder and the amp will hold it together a bit longer before it starts to distort. You can also go to larger filter caps in the first two sections and use a solid state rectifier to tighten up the bass. It could be any number of things besides the tubes.

Greg

Offline mc2

« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2008, 02:57:35 pm »
hey guys..that cab from that pycho is back on ebay again...ya know...his favorite movie was probably deliverence....i can hear those banjo's now...

Yep...I see that crazy SOB....BUYERS BEWARE!!! He's already went psycho on two of us here trying to buy this.

This cab is NOT the early style paisley tolex that you would expect, since it appears to have once had the very early smiley badge on the cab.

Note that the seller has the cab upside down and refused to send pics of the top (um..the bottom in his pic.)

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sunn-vintage-guitar-cabinet-rare_W0QQitemZ120245113288QQihZ002QQcategoryZ118985QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem