Author Topic: Sunn Spectrum II for sale  (Read 5031 times)

Offline Soundmasterg

Sunn Spectrum II for sale
« on: April 01, 2008, 11:44:41 pm »
Just wanted to let everyone know that I'm selling a Spectrum II on ebay. I've fixed the prior poorly done mods and restored the amp to mostly stock condition. All electrolytic caps are new, though I went with larger cap values in the first two filter positions to give it tighter bass response and they are series connected to give better voltage handling capability for today's higher wall voltages. I also changed to solid state diodes since a tube rectifier will not work with the larger filter caps. It now has a 3 prong power cord, wired up correctly for safety. All resistors are checked and in spec or replaced. All remaining caps were either replaced previously and fine, or replaced by me. It has two used/good GE 6550A power tubes, a used/good 6AN8 phase inverter tube, and a new Sovtek 12AX7 preamp tube. Has original transformers. Cleaned all pots and tube sockets, and retensioned jacks. Had Conrad Sundholm retolex amp box and make new front and back baffles, and put in new handle, corners, feet, and grille cloth. Basically a better than new amp now that will give years of excellent service to whoever wants it. Take a look if you're interested.

greg

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=130211059394&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=003

Offline Soundmasterg

Re: Sunn Spectrum II for sale
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 11:41:27 pm »
Sold!

Thanks for looking.

greg