Author Topic: sunn knobs on ebay  (Read 3509 times)

Offline made by hand

sunn knobs on ebay
« on: August 24, 2008, 07:37:27 pm »
hi sunn freaks...was sniffing on ebay tonight, ( sunday) and there is a guy selling NEW sunn knobs that he said he had made for him ...the originals were made by rogan bros. in chicago so he had to go to them for these knobs...he has 9 sets of ten for 50 bucks a set..it shows them on a blister pack ..he selling them in sets of ten.....so. if your knobs are rusty and funky...this is a good chance to get a set or two....this is a public service announcement...smiles  Bob

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
Re: sunn knobs on ebay
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2008, 08:34:52 pm »
George gave us forum members first shot.
http://sunn.ampage.org/sdp/index.php/topic,3997.0.html
I already ordered a batch, and I hope the other interested members did also. After such a valiant effort on his part, we should try to ensure he doesn't get left holding the bag for the initial tooling expense!

Now; who's going to have some period correct tolex and grill cloth fabricated?  :-)

Offline made by hand

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 06:48:13 pm »
ED.i must of dozed off when that post about the knobs came up...thanks..Bob

Offline Ryan Phelps

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 02:49:45 pm »
All,
I just received a set of these knobs in the mail today. I compared them to original knobs on my Sunn amps and couldn't find fault with them. Everything looks to be dead-on. Now I can replace the skirted Fender knobs on my 2000S! I'd be interested to hear from others who have purchased them as well....what did you think of them?

Thanks!

Ryan

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 09:22:39 pm »
i just wanted to mention that i received my Sunn knobs from George on saturday and they are perfect! Thanks again for the super speedy shipping and great job on these.

Got mine today, the only problem is that they look so good I'll really need to replace all of the knobs on all of my Sunns. I'll get a head count and email you George, thanks again for the great service to your Sunn bretheren.

Offline HRobert

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2008, 01:19:40 pm »
I just sent the check in for a set of ten for my 67 Sentura II.  My originals are still pretty good, but a couple of the knobs are showing a little wear on the numbers, and the reverb knob is missing the aluminum inset.  It's great taht we can get replacement stock.  Many kudos to George for his efforts in getting this to a reality.

Now, anybody have an idea as to who made the original grill cloth?

Rob

Offline CLD

• Sunn Sorado
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2008, 01:09:02 pm »
I got a set, too, for the old Model T I picked up on Ebay recently.  The T's knobs were all present and intact but the numbers were pretty well faded out.  This'll be just the solution!

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 05:23:20 pm by CLD »
Sunn since June 1971!
1971 Sorado, 2000S, Coliseum Bass, Coliseum Lead
1970 200S; 1974 Coliseum 880

Offline spellcaster

• Nicholas Syracuse Photography
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 01:52:34 pm »
I agree, excellent knobs.   
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 10:36:04 pm by spellcaster »