Author Topic: second gen model T weird noises.  (Read 2120 times)

Offline cromag

second gen model T weird noises.
« on: September 28, 2008, 06:05:26 pm »
today i was messing around in the practice room.  i have a second gen model T with the mid selector switch.   i wanted to mess with the settings and switched the selector switch to each setting and then turned the mid knob.  played a little while messing to hear the new tones.   after i decided what i liked i noticed a real fast faint almost like clicking sound that i never noticed before.  it became louder with the treble turned all the way up.  as well as becoming louder with the presence turned up.  not so much with the mid and not really at all with the bass.  i was plugged in to the "both" input jack.  when i plugged in to the brite input jack, the sound seemed to get louder or just more noticable.  but, while plugged in to the normal input jack, it was barely noticable at all.  i was plugged straight in to the amp from the guitar. if i unplugged the guitar from the amp, with it still in play mode, the clicking sound would stop.   any idea what might be causing this.   i tried different wall plugs.  didn't try different cables yet.  problem with the inputs?  something finally going wrong with the treble or mid or presence?   any feedback would be greatly appreciated.  thanks all for any time.

Offline loudthud

• Administrator
Re: second gen model T weird noises.
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 06:37:12 pm »
If the sound went away when you unplugged your guitar, the problem is not in the amp. Where was you cell phone?

Offline sunnbass

Re: second gen model T weird noises.
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2008, 07:11:04 pm »
Sometimes my first gen model T picks up faint radio broadcasts, its creepy.