Author Topic: The Earliest Sunn Cab???  (Read 2755 times)

Offline loudthud

• Administrator
The Earliest Sunn Cab???
« on: December 04, 2008, 08:29:47 pm »
If you've been looking on ebay you've seen this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160302523800

Two things are interesting about the cab. It has the correct pullman tolex which would be hard to fake but, it's not vented in any way. No "folded horn". Now look closely at the Smiley face badge. Notice anything? I didn't at first until I looked at mine. Where this one just says Portland Oregon, mine says "MADE IN U.S.A. by SUNN MUSICAL EQUIPMENT CO., PORTLAND, OREGON". Too bad the price is so high and the seller is in Vermont and won't ship. :cry:

Offline mckinnon audio

Re: The Earliest Sunn Cab???
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 11:38:20 pm »
  It certainly is an interesting piece,the cab badge looks too good to be fake though don't you think ? I guess this is a question for Conrad,it'll be interesting to find out,Mel.

Offline biltmore

• The Sound Choice
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 11:53:12 am »
Yeah, Conrads probably the only person that can tell us about this. It certainly looks real to me, and I don't know why anyone would go through the trouble to fake something like the badge.

Offline EdBass

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2008, 11:32:19 am »
After personally spending years and a fair amount of $ trying to chase down those original materials, I can't imagine how hard that would be to "fake". It almost has to be the "real deal", even though the porting issue is a bit of a conundrum. I'd be very interested to get the skinny on that cab's origin!