Author Topic: model T 6000 ohm line out  (Read 2647 times)

Offline slade

model T 6000 ohm line out
« on: December 22, 1999, 01:59:00 pm »
the model t has a 1/4 jack for a 600 ohm line out. is this a attempt at a d.i. or is it a jumper to an external power amp ( coliseum slave e.g.) or both?

also, if the line out is for a power amp, can i use the preamp section by itself (without damaging the amp)or does the power section have to be installed and running?

Offline slade

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 1999, 02:01:00 pm »
: the model t has a 1/4 jack for a 600 ohm line out. is this a attempt at a d.i. or is it a jumper to an external power amp ( coliseum slave e.g.) or both?

:  also, if the line out is for a power amp, can i use the preamp section by itself (without damaging the amp)or does the power section have to be installed and running?

Offline Tom Loizeaux

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 1999, 03:42:00 pm »
: the model t has a 1/4 jack for a 600 ohm line out. is this a attempt at a d.i. or is it a jumper to an external power amp ( coliseum slave e.g.) or both?

:  also, if the line out is for a power amp, can i use the preamp section by itself (without damaging the amp)or does the power section have to be installed and running?

The Sunn Model T derives it's line out from pading down the 16 ohm speaker out. With this design you must have the amp in play and have speakers plugged in in order to protect the output transformer.
It will deliver a "tube type" line signal and actually works quite well!

Tom