Author Topic: sunn scep cab suggestions  (Read 2279 times)

Offline Geoff

• http://www.geoffbullard.com/
sunn scep cab suggestions
« on: November 20, 1999, 12:23:00 pm »
hey thanx for writing back... played the sunn through a 4x12 yamaha cab w/ 4 100w celestions in it last night at practice... alas, i was on ten the whole night! well, now what - find a new head? the sunn sounds sooooo nice, but really, i was drowned out all night.... anyone wanna advise on maxing the power for me - i have a 30-day exchange possible for the sunn, but if i can get more out of a different cab (maybe the ampeg you suggested?) i would really love to keep the scepter... thanks! -g.
<A HREF="http://www.geoffbullard.com/" TARGET="_blank">geoffbullard.com</A>

Offline Don T.

« Reply #1 on: November 20, 1999, 01:18:00 pm »

: hey thanx for writing back... played the sunn through a 4x12 yamaha cab w/ 4 100w celestions in it last night at practice... alas, i was on ten the whole night! well, now what - find a new head? the sunn sounds sooooo nice, but really, i was drowned out all night.... anyone wanna advise on maxing the power for me - i have a 30-day exchange possible for the sunn, but if i can get more out of a different cab (maybe the ampeg you suggested?) i would really love to keep the scepter... thanks! -g.

Hi;
 Well either there is something wrong with your sceptre or you guys play really LOUD!! My sceptre is way loud for most clubs and ear bleeding in the practice room.
                   Don T.

Don T.

If it's too loud, you're too old.

Offline Kevin DeLay

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 1999, 05:59:00 pm »
Hey man, if it's a tube head then you might want to get new tubes. Or was the Yamaha cabinet 100w RMS or 100w Max Handling cause there is a difference between RMS and Max. You might want to look into these two things. I've had my Ampeg V-4 head for alittle over a month and I'm going to invest in new tubes and a flight case to keep it in cause my band just recorded a new CD and are going to be playing out alot more. L8r.