Author Topic: Concert Lead Reverb Tank  (Read 4291 times)

Offline george

Concert Lead Reverb Tank
« on: August 02, 2010, 11:01:54 am »
I'm working on a CL 74' (silver/black front panel) and there is no reverb tank in this one. Can anyone give me the input and output DC resistance for the reverb tank on their amp? The original tank came from O.C. Electronics model # 29-0006 type 51. Thanks.

Offline terminus

Re: Concert Lead Reverb Tank
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 10:06:46 pm »
Good timing.  I'm in the process of determining the maximum physical dimensions for a set of replacement capacitors, and I also had my really cheap autoranging DMM handy.  There's a sticker inside of my amp's chassis that says it was tested on 6/17/75 and the reverb tank model, like yours, is O.C. Electronics P/N 29.0006 Type 51.  The input resistance was about 175Ω and the output resistance was about 173Ω.  At first I measured this with the tank connected to the circuit board, but then realized that parallel resistances could bring down the measured value.  That being said, when I unhooked the tank, the measurements remained constant, which in retrospect shouldn't be surprising--why load the input or (especially) the output when you don't have to?