Author Topic: Vintage Speaker Cabinets and Horns  (Read 2859 times)

Offline mustangmanv6

Vintage Speaker Cabinets and Horns
« on: June 24, 2010, 11:22:37 am »
Hello i was hoping someone could give me some directions on if i have a jem or firewood.
I was given a pair of SPL 8115 with Electro voice drivers in them and with "bass horns" that have SPL 915r's in them. all the electrical stuff works...the cabinets are so indescribably heavy but i was wondering if anyone knows anything about this. My best guess is that it's from the late 60's but having input would be awesome. If they are worth anything what do you think they are worth?

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
Re: Vintage Speaker Cabinets and Horns
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 03:32:39 pm »
The "bass horns" might be SPL 8215's, modeled after the JBL "scoop". The SPL 915R was a pretty impressive speaker, not too different from the JBL D/K140. These things were made in Sunn's last days during the Reagan administration. (80's LOL)

Offline mustangmanv6

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 04:49:23 pm »
Well do you think they are worth anything...they must weight like 100 lbs a piece

Offline mustangmanv6

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 04:02:42 pm »
Do you think they are worth anything?

Offline loudthud

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 04:30:42 pm »
They are worth what someone is willing to pay for them. Put an ad in the classifieds and see what you can get. These things are so rare, there are no comparables to compare against.

Offline Isaac

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 11:45:49 pm »
They are large and heavy. Not a lot of demand for large and heavy these days. I'd guess that, if you want to sell them, you won't get much.

But that's just a guess.
Isaac